A simple tutorial to create an elegant text effect.
The Final Result:
* the size of the final result image is 1024 * 768
* you might want to check the Basix Page to see some useful topics on dealing with Photoshop basics, such as loading palettes and some shortcuts.
Start by filling the Background with the color #7b301c. Create the text you want using the color #e0dfdf. I’m using the font Delicious, and the size is (200) px.
Double click on the text layer to add the following styles:
- Add a simple “Drop Shadow” to add some depth to the text, use the same color of the Background (#7b301c), and change the “Size” to (3).
- Add an “Inner Shadow”, we will modify it to act as a “glitter” rather than a “shadow”, so go ahead and change the “Blend Mode” to “Color Dodge”, and change the color to #e0dfdf, change the “Distance” to (0), and finally, the simple trick is to change the “Noise” value to (60), this will create a glitter-like effect.
- Add and “Inner Glow” to brighten up the text even more, leave the values as they are.
- Add a “Bevel and Emboss” effect, this will make the text pop a little bit, change the “Size” to (1), the “Gloss Contour” type to “Cove – Deep”, and the “Shadow Mode” color to the Background color (#7b301c).
- Finally, add a “Gradient Overlay”, just change the “Blend Mode” to “Overlay”.
And that’s it!