This tutorial will use basic layer styles and apply two filters to create a texture for a nice text effect.
The Final Result:
* the size of the final result image is 1024 * 768
* you might want to check the Basix Page to see some useful topics on dealing with Photoshop basics, such as loading palettes and some shortcuts.
Choose any dark background you like, then, type the text using the font Typodermic, size (150 px), and the color #362f2d.
Double click the text layer, and type in the values below for the following effects:
- Apply a “Drop Shadow” with a “Spread” value of (5) and a “Size” of (6). Change the “Contour” type to “Cone – Inverted”.
- For the “Inner Shadow”, change the “Blend Mode” to “Screen”, and the color to #aeff00.
- Apply the “Inner Glow” Effect using the color #baf564, and change the “Choke” value to (15), and the “Size” to (16).
- Add “Bevel and Emboss”, change the “Shadow Mode” to “Overlay”, and the color to #acd373.
- And finally, add a “Gradient Overlay”, using the Palette provided in the Resources section at the beginning of this tutorial, or simply create the gradient using the colors #79a933 and #dcf0bf.
This will give the text a nice bright effect. Click “OK” to go back to your layer.
Press the Ctrl key, and click the “Simplicity” text layer icon to create a selection.
Create a new layer ABOVE the text layer and call it “Texture”. Also, make sure that the Foreground and Background colors are set to Black and White.
Select the “Paint Bucket Tool”, and change the fill type in the Options bar to “Pattern”. Choose the “Clouds” pattern, and fill the selection with the selected pattern. Then go to Select -> Deselect, or press Ctrl + D, to get rid of the selection.
- Go to Filter -> Sketch -> Chrome. Type (0) for “Detail” value, and (10) for “Smoothness” value.
- Go to Filter -> Sketch -> Halftone Pattern. Type (1) for the “Size” value, (5) for “Contrast”, and make sure the “Pattern Type” is “Dot”.
Finally, change the “Texture” layer’s “Blend Mode” to “Overlay”, and the “Opacity” to (45%), or whatever you think looks good.